Chad Austin, Forester
P. O. Box 96
Phone: (540) 745-2616
The Virginia Department of Forestry’s mission is:
- to protect 15.8 million acres of forest land from fire, insects and disease.
- to manage 17 State Forests and other state lands totaling 47,899 acres for timber, recreation, water, research, wildlife and biodiversity.
- to assist non-industrial private forest landowners through professional forestry advice and technical management programs.
More than 300,000 forest landowners in Virginia control 77% of forest land, which:
- Enhances the quality of life in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Supports the forest industry, a significant contributor to the state’s economy.
Visit us at: www.dof.virginia.gov